The Best Homemade Cheesecake – get the secret for the lightest and fluffiest cheesecake ever!
- 9-inch Springform Pan
- Kitchen-Aid Mixer
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 3 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Combine all ingredients and press against sides and bottom of 9-inch springform pan. (I use a measuring cup to do this – works great!)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together cream cheese, sugar, 4 egg yolks, lemon juice and vanilla.
- In another bowl, beat 4 egg whites until stiff and creamy. Fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture. Pour into crust in the springform pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another hour with the door closed.
- Freeze several hours before serving. Remove from freezer and remove from pan before allowing the cheesecake to thaw.
It is very important to freeze this cake. It won’t be fully set if you don’t freeze it.
You can refrigerate the cheesecake overnight, if you don’t want to freeze the cheesecake.
Either way – it MUST chill before serving.