This Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry is made with a sweet, sticky teriyaki sauce that’s easier than you think! The teriyaki sauce combines soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil and cornstarch for thickening. Use chicken breast or thighs, and add some broccoli and bell peppers. Ready in under 30 minutes and just like takeout!
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 300 grams Chicken Thighs boneless and skinless , cut into one inch pieces (Note 1)
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- ½ cup Water
Teriyaki Sauce + Other Ingredients
- ¼ cup Light Soy Sauce low sodium
- 3 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Cornflour or Cornstarch
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- Toasted sesame seeds and green onion for topping
1. In a bowl whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and cornflour. Add two tablespoons of the sauce to the chicken and mix well. Set the chicken aside for 10 minutes to marinate. Reserve the remaining sauce for later.
2.Heat oil in a pan or wok. Add the marinated chicken and cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes total, turning once the chicken pieces are brown to cook the other side too.
3.Add garlic to the pan and stir fry for a few seconds. Then add the broccoli and cook for another minute. Add the sauce and stir fry till the sauce starts to thicken. Add the water and mix well. Toss to coat everything and cook the broccoli and chicken in the sauce for a minute or two. Serve hot topped with sesame seeds and green onions.