No drips, no hassles, just a great meal for the whole family.
- °450 gm lean ground beef
- °2 cloves minced garlic
- °1 chopped onion
- °1 c. (15 ml) Italian seasoning
- °3 cups (750 ml) milk
- °1 1/3 cups (330 ml) hot water (approximately)
- °12 ounces (375 g) semi-finished pasta
- °3 cups (750 ml) pasta sauce (1 jar)
- °1 red or green pepper, cut into cubes
- °1 c.1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly grated Canadian Parmesan cheese or a blend of grated Italian cheese
- °Fresh basilica
In a large saucepan, brown the meat over medium heat, breaking it up with a spoon. Fat drain. Adding garlic, onions & herbs. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onions soften. add milk and 1 cup (250 ml) of water; simmer. Broken macaroni heart. Bring to a simmer, stirring often.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring once, until spaghetti is tender. Add pasta sauce and red pepper. Cover and simmer, stirring constantly, adding hot water as needed to prevent sauce from sticking, for an additional 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked. Add balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with cheese and serve. Garnish it with basil.