Mac N Cheese with Crispy Fried Chicken Recipes
- 12 oz dry macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup light cream about 10-12% MF
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powdersalt & pepper to taste
- 1 can condensed cream of cheddar soup optional 10.75oz
- 4 cups sharp cheddar divided
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Drain and run under cold water.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Whisk in flour and let cook 2 minutes while stirring.
- Slowly whisk in cream, milk, mustard powder onion powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat while stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese & 3 cups cheddar cheese until melted.
- Add soup if using.
- Toss cheese sauce & macaroni noodles together.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 18-24 minutes or until bubbly.
- Do not over cook.
- Cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
Extra Crispy Fried Chicken RECIPE :
- 3 pounds chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups canola or peanut oil
- Rinse the chicken pieces with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, and stir in the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Soak the chicken in the milk mixture for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine the flour and seasoned salt (if using) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add the chicken pieces, a few at a time, and shake to coat completely in the flour.
- Shake off any excess and set the chicken aside on a rack to dry.
- Pour the oil into a deep skillet or deep fryer and heat it to 350 degrees F. Add chicken thighs and legs and cook for several minutes.
- Add other chicken pieces being careful not to overcrowd the skillet. Continue cooking, turning once, until chicken pieces are golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm or at room temperature.