Pan-seared scallops cooked in the most delicious garlicky butter sauce. An easy and simple recipe you can make at home in under 10 minutes!
- 1 pound fresh bay or sea scallops, dry packed
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine, (for Keto, use chicken or vegetable broth)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- lemon slices, for garnish
Thoroughly pat dry the scallops with paper towels.
Remove any attached side-muscle on the scallop by pinching and tearing it away from the scallop.
Season scallops on all sides with salt, pepper, and paprika.
Set a large skillet over high heat and add 2 tablespoons butter; cook until sizzling.
Add the scallops in one layer without over crowding the pan. Cook in batches if the scallops do not fit in the pan all at once.
Cook scallops for 2 minutes, or until browned. Do not move them around.
Flip over the scallops, lower heat to medium-high, and continue to cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, or until bottom is golden brown.
Remove scallops from pan and set aside.
Melt remaining butter in the skillet, scraping up any browned bits left on the bottom of the pan.
Stir in garlic; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Do not burn the garlic.
Add wine and cook for 2 minutes.
Squeeze lemon juice into the skillet; stir, and taste sauce for seasonings. Adjust accordingly.
Return scallops to the pan and spoon sauce over scallops.
Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.