The chicken breast are season and coat in cheddar cheese with crumb cheese crackers before baking until the cheese has melted and the cracker crumbs are nice and crispy!
- °1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, trimmed and butterflied or finely mashed
- °1/4 tsp onion powder (optional)
- °1/4 tsp garlic (optional)
- °1/2 tsp oregano (optional)
- °salt & pepper to taste
- °1/4 cup flour (gluten free for gluten free)
- °2 eggs, lightly beaten
- °1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- °1 cup cheese cookie crumbs (or panko crumbs) (gluten free for gluten free)
Season the chicken with the mixture of onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, S&P to taste.
Drown the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess, dip in the eggs, shake off the excess and press into the cheese followed by the cracker crumbs, before placing on a wire rack on a baking sheet.
Bake in preheated 400F / 200C oven until chicken is cooked through, cheese has melted and crackers are golden and crisp, about 20-25 minutes.