Supplies to clean your oven with baking soda and vinegar
- baking soda
- small bowl
- scubber sponge
- aluminum foil (optional)
- wet/ dry vacuum or Shop Vac (optional)
Homemade oven cleaner recipe and instructions
- Remove the oven grates and set them aside.
- Wipe out all the loose debris that you can.
- Make a paste with baking soda and water in a small bowl. Use about a 50/50 mixture of water and baking soda.
- Spread the all over the oven, scubbing as you go. Make sure to get into all the areas with baked on grease and stuck on burnt food.
- Let the baking soda sit for at least 30 minutes. Leave overnight if necessary.
- Spray vinegar all over the oven and scrub down the oven.
- Keep scrubbing until all the gunk is gone.
- If there are stubborn spots do another round of paste and scrub it with a ball of aluminum foil.
- Wipe off the vinegar and baking soda paste residue with rags or paper towels.
- If necessary use a wet/dry vacuum or Shop Vac to clean out all the gunk.
After the inside of the oven is sparkling clean you can do the same with the racks. Clean them the same way with the baking soda paste and vinegar spray. The easiest way is to do this in the sink.
Once everything is done, place the racks back in the oven and you can use it right away!