- 2 lbs New York Strip Steaks (2 steaks) or Ribeye or Top Sirloin Steaks (1 lb each steak, 1 1/4” thick)
- 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil or any high heat cooking oil like canola or extra light olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and quartered
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
Remove your steaks from the fridge and allow them to come to room temp before cooking (30 min for thin steaks about an hour for thick steaks)
Use a good heavy pan… preferably a Cast Iron skillet or ST grill
Oil your pan well AFTER it is heated! (med-high heat)
Season your steak liberally on both sides. McCormick, Weber, Steakhouse are all good brands and you can probably find them in your local grocery stores.
Once you place your steak in the pan DO NOT touch/turn them for at least 3-4 minutes until a nice sear is formed. When you flip the steaks over allow them to cook 3-4 minutes on the other side.
If your steaks are thick you should finish them in a hot oven preheated to 375° anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for a med to med good steak.