Easy Ham and Potato Soup in the Crock Pot is a simple and delicious soup loaded with potatoes, sweet carrots and tender ham. Ham and Potato soup cooks in the slow cooker all day so dinner is ready when you are!
- 8 cups russet potatoes, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 16 ounce Cubed Ham 2 packages of packages Smithfield Anytime Favorites™ Cubed Ham
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (you can also use milk – I used whole milk)
- ½ cup sour cream
1 ) Add the potatoes, onion, carrot, celery, ham, Kosher salt, pepper chicken broth to your slow cooker and cook on low 7-8 hours, or high 4-5 hours.
2 ) Using a potato masher, mash about 1/3 of the potatoes (don’t worry the ham won’t really mash that much)
3 ) Add the flour, heavy cream/milk and sour cream and stir everything together.
Cover and cook on high for an additional 15 minutes.