A number of herbs are used as to the treatment of a number of diseases. One such popular herb is thyme. Thyme is a popular herb which is used in the composition of various oils. The antibacterial, antifungal as well as healing properties of this herb make it one of the most useful herb in the treatment of a number of diseases as well as illness. Thyme also comprises of various microbial property that can benefit your entire body in a number of ways.
The bactericidal, antiviral, antibiotic, fungicidal, diuretic, expectorant, antispasmodic as well as antiseptic properties of thyme make it really useful in the season of cough and cold. Thyme constitutes as a very important ingredient in various essential oils as well as balms so that you can take them into use during any kind of discomfort related to cough, cold and flu. Apart from this, thyme also helps in the elimination of various toxins from the body, thereby aiding in the strong immunity system. Thyme supports the formation of white blood cells which further increase the resistance of the human body to keep it protected from various infections and microorganisms.
Thyme is also used as to the treatment of respiratory infections. Since thyme is considered to be a very effective pulmonary disinfectant, it is used against a number of diseases and illnesses such as cold, flue, asthma, sore throat, laryngitis, catarrh, bronchitis, whopping cough, etc. You are merely required to use thyme in the boiling water and to further inhale the preparation for all kinds of chest, throat and nose infections. Thyme is also used in various toothpastes and in gargling as it can treat a number of mouth and gum infections.
Below listed are some additional uses of thyme for the overall health of your body:
- Thyme is used to treat the problem of candida and vaginitis.
- Thyme is used as a natural hand sanitizer.
- Thyme is used to clean the fungus in the nails.
- Thyme is used in the treatment of acne and because of this it is incorporated in a number of creams, face washes and lotions.
- The overall health of your skin could be maintained by thyme as it eliminates all the bacteria which gives rise to a number of skin problems.
- The antifungal properties of thyme also make it the best remedy to treat athlete’s foot.
- Thyme helps in the stimulation of hair growth as it transfers all the important nutrients that the hair follicles need to grow themselves.
- Thyme also improves the circulation of the blood in the scalp.
- Thyme is also used in the treatment of the thinning of hair.
- Thyme essential oil is considered to be a great remedy for the treatment of thin hair. You can add a few drops of it to the carrier oil and to further use it in massaging your scalp.
- The antibacterial properties of thyme also make it a perfect option for the treatment of dandruff. This is the reason why thyme is used in various shampoos.